Rendang Chicken ( Serves 4 )
We only ever hear about rendang when it’s the Raya celebration, sometimes even during Ramadhan. The unity of aromatics and spices symbolizes the togetherness of loved ones on this blessed festivity.
Now you can enjoy rendang in any month of the year with this simple yet tasty recipe. Although the thick and finger-licking gravy is best served with lemang and ketupat, you can also serve it with rice or even bread.
Once cooked, people will think you spent all night perfecting the recipe when in fact, Kantan’s cooking paste is all you need!
- 180 g Kantan Rendang Paste
- 700 g Chicken (Chopped)
- 100 ml Coconut Milk
- 4 Curry Leaves (Optional)
- 4 Kaffir Lime Leaves (Optional)
- 100 ml Water
- Saute Kantan Rendang Paste over medium heat until fragrant. 将一包【简单任当即煮酱料】倒入锅内，爆香。
- Add 700g of meat, stir and mix well with cooking paste for 3 minutes. Add in 375 ml water (1 1/2 cup), let it simmer with lid closed for 1 hour, stir occasionally. 加入700斤羊肉，炒至3分钟。加入375毫升水（一杯半） 至开滚，盖下小火焖至一小时。
- Pour in 100ml coconut milk. Season to taste and serve hot. 加入100毫升椰浆，趁热食用。